The Big Draw
East Devon Art Academy, Old Fore Street, Sidmouth EX10 8LS
A free event suitable for all the family. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Come and have fun together on this day of taster drawing sessions. Whether you wish to spend 20
minutes or all day, that is up to you!
Various taster drawing sessions will be on offer. All drawing materials and equipment provided.
- 11 -12 pm. General Drawing working from a still life.
- 12 – 2.30 Figure Drawing with Catherine Osbond. Working from a clothed model. We shall be looking at the use of line when drawing from a model. Heavy/ light, thick/ thin, twisted / straight etc. No need to draw from the model the whole time. You may wish to draw for just 10 minutes, or the whole 2 and a half hours, it is up to you.
- 11.30 – 1 pm Portraying Animals with Hannah Twine. Hannah will run through some good techniques to help you create life like animals. Please bring a photo of your pet or an image you would like to work from, if possible.
- 2 – 3pm. General Drawing working from a still life or landscape photos.
- 1.30 – 3 pm En Plein Air Sketching with Matt Culmer. Sketching indoors if weather inclement. Please bring a sketchbook.
- Drawing Wall available all day.
- Drawing Exhibition
If you want a particular session, booking may be required. To be assured of a place, please book in
advance. Otherwise, just pop along!
Also launching the East Devon Drawing Club. This is a free club where like minded people get
together to draw at various venues throughout East Devon!
For further details or to book a session, please contact us.